cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] I look after me

@safari93 I agree, me-time is something that everyone needs to do, taking a little time out. I think it's the same as self-care, although self-care has more of a purpose. Self-care is for your health (mental and physical and emotional) while me-time was more of a break.

1. What do you think self-care is? Why do you think it is important?

I tend to find self care can be really basic stuff on the worse days- things like having a shower, getting out of bed, that sort of thing. On the better days, self care to me is just treating myself like I'd treat someone else. For me, it means not being so hard on myself when it comes to self-talk- criticizing myself,feeling self concious etc.

I think a lot of the time, it can be easy at this age to forget to take care of yourself. In my experience, this is true- and also in my experience, self-care is important, because things like grades and work and relationships can seem to improve naturally when you take that extra bit of care for yourself.

Highlighted

Hey @N1ghtW1ng!
Highlighted

When did you first learn about the concept of self-care?

I first learned about it on the internet (on Tumblr, to be specific), and I didn't quite understand it at first. But I think that was because of the way it was presented to me, as now I know self-care is something you define, and doesn't necessarily have to involve bath bombs

Highlighted

When my mental health really suffered and I realised it was because I was dealing with everyone elses problems first then mine when it should be the other way round. I find it hard to say no to things so thats been something that I have had to work on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!
Highlighted

Hey @holoholo!! That's a really great point, sometimes doing things that might seem basic and routine become self-care. It really depends on what you are capable of doing that day depending on your mood and energy levels

Highlighted

@safari93 I'm pretty sure I learned about self-care on tumblr too, good ol' tumblr Smiley Tongue

Highlighted

When did you first learn about the concept of self-care?

I've pretty much always done it, but only learnt about the phrase last year when I also learnt about mindfulness. I guess the two terms interlock with each other.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

I first learned about the concept of self-care on ReachOut actually. The taking time out for yourself to clear your mind (Like @stonepixie mentioned), have a break and relax yourself mentally. But also keeping yourself physically healthy too.
Highlighted

@ErinsAntics it's great that you've recognised that about yourself, self-awareness is very useful in being kind to yourself Smiley Happy