cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] I look after me

@safari93 there are so many things that could be taught in PD/H/PE that isn't! What is consent and self-care and what does it look like, should definitely be taught.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

It seems (almost) everyone learned about self-care on the internet!! 

Anyways next question: Do you practice self-care? What kinds of activities do you do for self-care?

Highlighted

@stonepixie that's so true!! Less stuff about anatomy and scary STI presentations and more relationship-type stuff and mental health care 

Highlighted

I suppose I practice self-care, it's not something I focus on though. It's just, I'll be feeling stressed or something so I'll take a break, read for a bit, something like that. I don't think of it as self-care, it's just something that I do for myself.
Highlighted

I practice self-care (not as regularly as I should lol), mostly through reading for leisure and also giving myself hair and skin treatments. I love pampering myself, and I read a lot for my studies so novels are a great break for me

Highlighted

@N1ghtW1ng sometimes you just need a little time-out, to keep yourself from being worn down or over-stressed or something else

Highlighted

Do you practice self-care? What kinds of activities do you do for self-care?

No I don't think I do.  I mainly just keep my anger and stress. (Please don't lecture me on the backpack)

Sometimes I play drums if I feel like it and I usually play footy on Wednesdays and Sundays but I don't know if that's it or not.

Highlighted

Yes, yes, yes! A million times yes!

So many activities! Seriously, it just depends on what I'm into at the moment and my location. I love going for walks in nature and if that isn't possible, I sometimes just visit bunnings to imagine / dream up my own garden as I walk along the plants. I don't have a very green thumb though, I killed my lavendar plant. Smiley Frustrated

Lots and lots of arts and crafts! Right now I am really enjoying crocheting, as in with yarn and a hook and not like on Alice in Wonderland, like @N1ghtW1ng thought. Smiley Tongue Smiley LOL I'm also into those colouring in books at the moment.

And I love to read and bake and yeah!

I guess that I am just so lucky that there are a million things I can do for self-care. Oh and bubble baths are amazing!

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

I'm actually pretty lucky- my school does cover consent very well, and even self care...to an extent. In relation to studying management anyway, lol

Like I said earlier, my idea of self care really depends on doing whatever I can, in that moment, do for myself. I definitely try as much as Ican to be mindful of myself and the way I think, when I can remember to...

Honestly, my favorite self-care is just taking a day to relax, read, watch tv, put all school related thoughts off until tomorrow, and ideally have a hot bath with bath bombs- sadly, I have no bath tub though. Hot showers for now....

Highlighted

I try my best to practice self-care, not always successfully Smiley Tongue. Some of the things I do for self care are watching movies I love, reading, having a good sing to music I like and pampering stuff like face masks Smiley Happy