cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] I look after me

Practicing self-care isn’t easy, and we might not always commit to it. Have you ever neglected self-care for something easier?

Oof, yeah. For me, sometimes I think I'm taking care of myself, but I'm actually taking the easier road while digging myself a deeper hole- I've slipped into the routine of avoidance many a time. For example, staying home from school because it seemed easier than facing anxieties and stress...but ending up behind and isolated. 

Gotta watch the line between a day off and several weeks off Smiley Tongue

Highlighted

@safari93 haha I suppose I do that too. Although sitting on tumblr/youtube is relaxing for me. So it helps my mental health a bit.
Highlighted

Practicing self-care isn’t easy, and we might not always commit to it. Have you ever neglected self-care for something easier?

Yes.  Doing nothing and just letting your feelings take over you.  Drums and footy are pretty limiting activities since you can't play footy inside and drums are mainly only for when people aren't home.  It's easier being angry than trying to think up something to do to calm down.

Highlighted

@holoholo Omg I feel u!! Leaving work to the last minute and avoiding classes to ignore impending work, I have definitely been there

Highlighted

@safari93 sounds a lot like African daisies to me. So if you ever has some space in the garden where nothing will grow, plant a couple. And the whole patch will be covered in no time. And the good thing about them is that they are drought hardy.

Oh they are so beautiful but!

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

@N1ghtW1ng I find youtube and tumblr relaxing as well, but there was a point where I did almost nothing else. It was a very unproductive time in my life

Highlighted

@safari93 I know right?! And it just makes it worse and worse, arghhh. DEFINITELY not self care, even if spending a day under the sheets might feel like it!!

Highlighted

@FootyFan26 this is true!! Thinking of how to look after yourself can be tricky, sometimes we don't figure it out for a while as well

Highlighted

This is sort of related to the last question, but let's answer it anyways...

What are some of the difficulties that come with practicing self-care?

Highlighted

holoholo wrote:

Gotta watch the line between a day off and several weeks off Smiley Tongue

Sounds a lot like my anxiety. It is a bitch that just feeds and feeds on you, kind of like a parasite.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ