cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] I look after me

hey everyone! sorry I'm so late - footy training and lack of half decent internet connection will do that 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

@stonepixie absolutely! Self-care, like most things, should be done with moderation in mind

Highlighted

Hey @j95, glad you could make it!

Highlighted

@j95 hey there!! Glad you could make it!!

@Chessca_H that's true. Especially when it comes to school, your told to do your homework, study! study! study! So much focus is put on the school work, passing grades with the occasional talk about bullying and online safety. The school system really needs to revise what the focus is put on. I was lucky enough to have a great mum who would let me or my siblings have a day at home for a break. I think that if schools teach self-care, mental health awareness and put a little more focus on individual health rather than individual marks/grades, there would be less stress in schools, because students would know how (self-care) to take care of themselves.
Highlighted

I'm not much of a screamer @stonepixie! Smiley Wink

Sorry got sidetracked again!
Highlighted

Let's flip this discussion around a bit to something a bit more positive

On the other hand, what are some of the benefits that come with practicing self-care?

Highlighted

@safari93 @Chessca_H @holoholo It is funny how we have this mentality of nothing to show for if we practice self-care, yet if we don't practice it, it is very noticable to everyone else as you may look run down and raggered, with bags under your eyes and pimples from all the stress and your energy levels, etc.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

On the other hand, what are some of the benefits that come with practicing self-care?

It helps you to recharge and it also seems to help me focus on what I need to do. If I work for a very long time I start to get scatterbrained (it's a little ridiculous) and self-care brings me down and lets me focus on something easy and relaxing for a while

Highlighted

@stonepixie true, people just don't realise how necessary it is!