cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] I look after me

Have you ever felt undeserving of self-care?

Probably when I was really mentally unwell. But lets face it, that was when I needed it the most.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

@FootyFan26 mm, that seems to be a common train of thought. On the other hand though, the better 'shape' you keep yourself in, when it comes to taking care of yourself, probably the better you're capable of helping and caring for others.

Of course, even then, it's not true that everyone else should be put before you! I get that feeling so much as well.. it's a hard one to get rid of.

Highlighted

There seems to be another general theme coming out, which is not feeling like you deserve self-care. But then like @holoholo said, when you don't look after yourself everything else in your life takes a hit

Highlighted

@SailorE I worried about that too for a long time, wondering if what I was doing for self-care was not just a bad habit or something that just wasn't helping generally

Highlighted

@stonepixie yeah I have and pretty effing weird... I think I should go to my doctor.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

Good idea @j95

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

Time of the next question guys

In a world where we are pushed to our limits to work and achieve, how do you fit self-care into your life?

I think with self-care, the phrase "you don't find the time, you make the time" is really applicable. If you're not careful, you can forget all about it and end up not feeling great

Highlighted

In a world where we are pushed to our limits to work and achieve, how do you fit self-care into your life?

Scheduling it helps! I sometimes pretend that I have something important on at that time and excuse myself, although what usually ends up happening is a night in. Although sometimes of course you slip up and double-book yourself. In which case it's best not to be too hard on yourself about it. Schedule it another time, if you can

Highlighted

@safari93 yeah it's a super hard one to crack, I basically had to slot it into times where I wouldn't otherwise be doing anything, like commuting