cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] I look after me

@SailorE I do that as well! Listening to music or reading on public transport isn't always ideal, but it does help with winding down after a long and sometimes not very great day

Highlighted

In a world where we are pushed to our limits to work and achieve, how do you fit self-care into your life?

Have a mental health day, well that is what I call it when I just can't go into tafe because I am dealing with too many things. And then I just do all the things that I enjoy. 

Also, straight after appointments, I leave about an hour spare for travel and self care. Although there are times when I take a whole lot longer. Just means that I had a pretty full on session. If it is a later afternoon session, I will just take the rest of the day off to relax. I also schedule in self care the following day just specifically for if I'm not dealing too well with what was covered the day before. If I don't need it, then I don't use it.

Otherwise, I just do as needed.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

I have about a hundred apps for calenders and lists, and I have to put self care items, when I'm in an okay place mentally, so I'll remember and will continue even when I'm not. I also try to work in little things into daily life, and try to find ways to make responsibilities more fun
Highlighted

@stonepixie wow, sounds like you have it down! Great to see you're looking after yourself so well Smiley Happy

Highlighted

As needed = every single day. Those specific things mentioned are extras.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ
Highlighted

@stonepixie yep, I'm pretty similar to this.

I tend to sometimes "cushion" my schedule with self care- for example, in an exam period? Have some time before and after reserved for self care each day. That kind of thing. I try to do one thing that makes me distracted and happy before and after school- usually an episode of anime in the morning and a nap after school, lolCat Very Happy

Highlighted

@stonepixie I feel u, sometimes you just have to take it easy. You know yourself best, anyways

Highlighted

You're all so much more organised with your self-care than me! Definitely taking some tips from this thread Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@holoholo I scheduled self-care time during exams too, and usually the day of an exam I wouldn't study at all after it was done. It would mostly be debriefing and eating with study buddies

@Chessca_H I'm a pretty disorganized person by nature- so I figure if I have to be organized about ONE thing, it should be my self care. Especially as I'm going through such a rough patch with school/mental wellbeing.