cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] Is happiness overrated?

Sometimes we follow happy feelings to the point that we do what feels good in the moment; over what is good for us in the long term coz it’s easier, faster, more comfortable. Can you think of some examples of when you or someone you know has done this?

Eat my favourite food O_O 

Stay safe dude.

Have a good one @j95.

@stonepixie : I love being serious.... Robot Very Happy

@stonepixie for me once upon a time it was definitely that extra round, nothing says regret like a throbbing headache on a Sunday morning Smiley Tongue

@FItzChivalry wrote:
@delicatedreamer exercise is a huuuuuge one for me! Having control over, and respect for, my body really helps me to take control of my mind too!

I believe it is hard to control our mind. But distancint yourself from your mind is a huge step towards mindfulness. Just don't give it too much significance.

@FootyFan26 maybe you need to look at things differently. I mean, I know I'm never going to get that apology so I have to think of another way of getting closure from my past.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Bye @j95! I've appreciated ya insights. Thanks J

@Sveto have you ever faced the dilemma of whether to choose to do what feels good now, even though it may be detrimental in the long run?

Can you think of some examples of when you or someone you know has done this?

My mate hides behind her happiness and it's very frustrating because it looks so obvious to me and much less obvious to others.

And I guess acceptance comes into the situation and plays a rather big role.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ