cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CHAT] Is happiness overrated?

I once heard the phrase, “Happiness is when something is happening” so what that means is when something isn’t happening in your life then you are not happy right? I think we all have this relentless pursuit to find happiness and sometimes we can focus too much on feeling happy which can make us feel less happy that we are not happy enough. Confusing right?

Being happy doesn’t mean we have to be ecstatic all the time, that actually becomes more tiring than helpful. Life is about ups and downs, it is actually those ups and downs that make us stronger, that give us personality, helps us grow and learn more about ourselves. Feeling happy is important but feeling alive is more important. When we feel creative, when feel pain, when we laugh or cry, when we feel alone or when we belong, all these experience shape us and make us who we are.

Happiness happens when we are not searching for it or trying too hard to be happy. There are so many people who are overly happy and try so hard to make others laugh and to look like they have an amazing life yet behind closed doors they are completely miserable and actually need help. Why do we try to hold onto this idea of happiness? What are we afraid of?

I think instead of seeking happiness, what we really want to feel is joy which is more permanent and doesn’t take something happening for you to feel joyful. So join us on Monday 10th August at 8pm AEST to discuss what you think about happiness, do you think its overrated? 

Re: [CHAT] Is happiness overrated?

Happy Monday Amazing people

Welcome to tonight’s Getting Real session! Tonight we are talking about being happy, what it means and is it overrated?

Tonight's session is about understanding the pursuit of happiness and if it is really necessary to be happy all the time. Tonight @FItzChivalry and I will be co-facilitating this chat and we can't wait to really get to the bottom of this thing called happiness. 

Please remember to have a look at the community guidlines if you haven't already and keep them in mind as we chat tonight. If anything comes up for you during this session that makes you feel like you need to talk to someone please check out the emergency help resources

So take a moment and think about When your happiest moment was? Was it planned or did it just happen? 

Happy Monday People! 

My account is fixed! So i can join you tonight! Great Topic to chat about! 

XX 
Kyle 

Hi all.... hard to say when my happiest moment was but I reckon my happiest time are a mix of planned and unplanned.... unplanned have that extra element of surprise and wonder... so pretty cool

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Welcome @KazzGoldfinch

Glad you could join us tonight. So do you remember your happiest moment?

Gday everyone

When your happiest moment was? Was it planned or did it just happen? 
 more recently it was meeting an online friend that I had for 5 years. I planned this for a long time, but it was even better than expected.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

My Happiest moment was coming out in a cheographed performance on stage. It was amazing as much as emotional! SO GOOD! 

XX 
Kyle 

Yay, hi kyle yes our sign ups have been playing up - so sorry about that! Smiley Happy how are you?

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Thank You Very Much! SO happy to be here! 

XX 
Kyle 

Welcome @redhead

Its great that it was better than you expected Smiley Happy 5 years is such a long time.