cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT]: Friendships

Hey Everyone 

Having just finished high school this question hits close to home. I've found that I've stayed friends with anyone who I haven't had to create opportunities to catch up with. So my best friend and I have remained close and its because we both have the desire and motivation to perpetuate a friendship. But with other not so close friends, its really difficult when you arent thrust into an environment where have an excuse to speak to them. At the end of the day, a friendship will be what you make it though, and I feel as though you'll get out what you put in. 

@Ben-RO me and my best friend plans to live together too and we're practically sisters! Is it fun living with your best friends? Sorry for the constant questions! Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Neeeext question Smiley Happy

How do you keep a friendship after high school?
Highlighted

Well for me I'd keep in constant communication with them. Hangout from time to time maybe
Highlighted

Hey guys, sorry I'm late. Trying to fix my internet on my laptop. 

I think that that it is unlikely to have friends from high school because it's only when you graduate that you sort of direct your life and make more of your own decisions and a lot of that means that friends will drift apart. 

Highlighted

How do you keep a friendship after high school?

It takes work from both sides. Sometimes you can try to be there for them all you want, try to organise plans, but if they don't make any effort it is difficult to keep it all going.

@SkyIsTheLimit i reckon living with anyone is bound to end up being a bit annoying at times. But if you have good communication and relationship skills it's freaking great! Just like all relationships though, you have to work at it! 

Highlighted

I know some people who are still in contact with their HS mated from nearly 20 years ago which is pretty cool.

I reckon keeping a friendship would mean that there was constant communication between both people and the desire to want to keep seeing each other.

Highlighted

It definitely does take a bit more work, friendships are generally built on interaction and when you're not going to the same school and hanging out for 8 hours a day...well that means you have to make time for that interaction. So for example with a friend from uni, we have a skype call once every month, and whenever we're in the same city we catch up for dinner. It's not the same as doing lots of subjects together but it's a nice way to touch base and keep the connection alive Smiley Happy 

Highlighted