cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] Learning to love yourself when you loathe yourself

@Stealth_ninja there should so be a sticker for that! I hate going to the dentist as well, so I'd give you a sticker for just turning up!!

@Chloee welcome back!! It's really hard to escape social standards, but I think realising that they're not for everyone helps. Not everyone can reach them, and that's helped me a lot, especially with beauty standards

@loves netball why not? Even if you don't get the time you did last time, it's still an amazing achievement! I'm definitely not a runner so even running a whole 15k would be an amazing victory lol

Highlighted

I agree completely @May_
Highlighted

@safari93 societal standards suck!!

Individualism for the win wooooooot!

(although I admit, some societal standards are good for us hehe)
-------------------------
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Highlighted

@loves netball there are legitimate good reasons you may not get the time you got last year and that's ok. If you want to do the run, do it for the fun of it and because it's good for you, because I know running is something you really enjoy. It can be helpful too to stick to the plans of things you want to do if you've got some of those kind of things locked in at a set time and place. 

Highlighted

A few of you mentioned talking to yourself the way you would a friend for self love, and I completely agree with thinking of yourself in such a way. Further than that though, sometimes when I can't think of myself as though I were my friend, it can be good to remind myself that these wonderful people that I want to be my friends are my friends because they want to be. That means that they must see good things in me too. Which means that there have to be good things about me.
Society's views can make us feel bad about ourselves, so thinking of where we are accepted in society should be able to help us feel good about ourselves too. It's fighting society with society

Highlighted

I think theres a good segway here into our next question as @Chloee mentioned earlier

What are some good things that your friends or family might say about you?

Highlighted

@Birdeye that's a really good point! You wouldn't be friends with someone if you didn't appreciate them as a person, so it's probably working the other way around too

Highlighted

Apparently I'm always very considerate and I try to be so I'm glad they recognise it Smiley Happy
Highlighted

I find this question actually really hard to answer but one of my friends said that I was good at knowing what I need the other day which was such a validating comment. Also I think they might say that I'm a caring person

Highlighted

One thing I hear from my friends is that I'm a calming presence, and that I'm easy to talk to. Also recently one of my friends told me I had comfortable shoulders to lean on, and I was so flattered!!