cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] Learning to love yourself when you loathe yourself

It is hard to say @Stealth_ninja! If feels so strange!
Highlighted

What are some good things that your friends or family might say about you?

I think people have told me that I'm open-minded, honest, funny, kind, and beautiful.

The last one is the one I'm struggling to accept because not only do I have an appearance issue, I also think that my personality is not the best

-------------------------
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Highlighted

A tough one....maybe that I am committed to things, creative, value-driven, open minded, reliable, honest, kind, have a good sense of humour, have a strong sense of self/identity....
Highlighted

Well I get told I'm really fit and too fast for people to run with. Also people think I'm kind because I often bake cookies and take them to netball and share them after my game. I do this because I like being generous.

PS I'm all stressed about the 15km because there are starting categories - the elite runners get to start first. If I register, I've qualified to start in this elite category (from last years time), in the front group. BUT I'M NOT AN ELITE ATHLETE lol

Highlighted

Ah yes putting our self-love to the test! 

I'm honest, kind, caring, thoughtful, helpful, intelligent, resilient, empathic, strong-willed/determined/driven (aka stubborn)! It really is hard to say out loud all of these good things about ourselves!  

@loves netball doesn't matter! just go for it, even if you can't finish as well as everyone else, it's still a good experience starting as an elite runner! I think that's amazing, so I'm definitely proud of you for being able to achieve that!
-------------------------
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Highlighted

I think it's important to also acknowledge how hard it is to say nice things about ourselves, not least because a lot of us are mentioning how hard it is (even I'm feeling weird about it!).

It's really great that we all thought of something nice to say about ourselves though. We've all progressed on our self-love journeys, and well done for making it this far Smiley Happy

Highlighted

@loves netball, perhaps you could register and on the day just say you want to start in the second group instead. They won't mind. I'm sure they will be happy to have you there!
Highlighted

@safari93 I too have comfortble shoulders to lean on, but I think that's because I'm a lot shorter than my friend

Highlighted

When I first read this question I felt completely stuck because I don't really understand why any of my friends are friends with me. But then things they've said to me that I simply wasn't expecting come to mind. 

My best friend recently said to me that he enjoy being around me, or finds being around me and enjoyable. Obviously, that's the point of being friends with someone, but when he said this I wanted to deny it because I think so often the opposite. 

Just then I started typing up a list of the things that most stick out to me about what my friends and family have said (aside from the one above), but I've stopped and deleted that list because I think it comes down to that I am very me, and that they find that me to be interesting. Interesting in a nice, thought provoking way where they feel like I can/will say and do things of worth. 

(and i might type up that list somewhere else for myself)