cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] Learning to love yourself when you loathe yourself

@loves netball "elite athlete" is a broad term which could have a variety of definitions. In this case, it means you run fast, which you certainly do! Massive kudos to you for being so fit and fast! You earned your place in the top group, own it and do the best you can! Whatever that is, is good enough! 

@safari93 yes! I think it's amazing that we can all think of nice things about ourselves... even if it's a bit weird, it feels nice and fuzzy hehe

@loves netball sigh... the downsides of being short... we are always the leaning posts for the tall ones out there!

@Birdeye yes! type it out, put it in a diary, put it away if you feel weird about it, then one day when you're sad open it up and let it make you really happy!
-------------------------
“Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” - Tyrion Lannister, A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
Highlighted

Can you think of one thing @Alison5? It's okay if youre unsure or uncomfortable about it, it stays here!

Highlighted

haha i'm glad everyone else found writing their list strange too, as that's absolutely part of the reason why I stopped and opted for posting a summary of the theme of my list. Smiley Tongue

I'm very proud of all of you for being able to see and say those things about yourself!
Highlighted

We've really talked a lot about all the ways in which we can love ourselves better! So maybe we should put them into practice while they're fresh in our minds

After tonight, what are some things you are going to do for yourself? 

Highlighted

You're very you @Birdeye what a fantastic compliment that is!! I want to be more ME 

Highlighted

After tonight, what are some things you are going to do for yourself?

I'm going to try to talk positively to myself tomorrow Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Yeah. People think I'm considerate (I did mention before Smiley Tongue), but they say I'm quite fun to be around as well. That I can change the mood of the place.
Highlighted

@Birdeye that is the best compliment to receive Smiley Happy
Highlighted

After tonight, I might accept those fleeting ideas of treating myself every once in a while. Smiley Tongue