cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Let's go travelling!

Do you think travelling benefits your physical, mental and spiritual health? Why/Why not?

I think it can. It really depends on what you make of it. I would actually love to on a really physically intense travelling trip - as a fun way to get fitter and see the world!

I think it can do wonders for your mental health - but it can also be difficult traveling and so it's important that you look after your mental wellbeing

For a lot of my friends, traveling has really helped with their spiritual health. However, I haven't really experienced this.

Do you think travelling benefits your physical, mental and spiritual health? Why/Why not?
Yeh. It's allows us to have fun, try new things, step outside our comfort zone, make new friends etc. You can also go on religious holidays which is great for the soul.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Although I think it might have not so good benefits on physical health. So much travelling can mess up your sleep schedule, the food you eat might not be all that healthy, so you're physical health can be a little rocky. But that's easily fixed! Smiley Very Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Stepping outside of your comfort zone can be so good for you @redhead!

I've done it quite a bit whilst traveling and I always feel so proud of myself!

I think it does. It helps to refresh but sometimes travelling can have negative effects on your mental health (not permanent), like wanting to go home and the stress of moving around so much
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Hey @Georgie

Probably not my my mental health since I get worried about family that's back at home and I find being in an unfamiliar place stressful.  I don't really get affected physically since I don't need much sleep and am usually full of energy even though my body actions may not make it seem like it.

I think I would get too wrapped up in worrying about family back home that I wouldn't really enjoy the trip as much as I could.

Highlighted

What a really interesting question!

I think ultimately yes. 

I did some travelling by myself a few years ago, and found myself feeling quite lonely and sad a lot of the time, but I learnt to enjoy my own company, and feel comfortable following my own agenda and not worrying about tagging along with others. 

I learnt a lot about myself, and challenged a lot of my (probably unhelpful habits and obsessions), which I think ultimately led to my proper recovery from some mental health issues I had at the time. Breaking out of my daily routine really helped me in the long run Smiley Happy

Also, it's just an awesome, fun, healthy thing to do, and you usually walk a lot and get really fit. And climb mountains and take in amazing views of the world and feel happy to be alive Smiley Happy

I agree @N1ghtW1ng - it can definitely mess with your sleeping and eating. You really have to look after yourself!

It sounds like you had a very interesting experience @Georgie!

I've also learnt recently how to enjoy my own company. Are you glad you went through those challenges? Would you do it all again? 

I'm not sure how I feel about this question. During travel, I walked like 20kms a day, often with a pack, so physically that was really good, but I also ate and drank more bad food and drinks than what would be healthy, cause I was on holidays, so unsure..
Mentally, great to unwind, but also pressures of being alone in a foreign land can be draining, and spending excessive time with the same people can also turn sour