cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Let's go travelling!

Last question: How do you look after your physical and mental wellbeing whilst travelling?

Physical: make sure you get enough sleep, make sure you're eating nutritious foods (not just waffles and icecream!), make sure you're drinking lots of safe water

Mental: check in with yourself every once in a while, practice self care (ie reading, meditation, listening to music - whatever works for you), have a day off if you need to, let the people you are travelling with know if you are struggling, call/skype home Smiley Happy

I think the best thing for me is not travelling!

I find that either going with my family or keeping in close contact would also help me ensure they are safe and lessen my stress levels.

I think being aware of any flus or viruses that are going around the place you are going is a good idea so you don't get them yourself and be able to take preventative measures.

To look after my physical and mental wellbeing I try to make sure I get enough rest. And give myself some alone time away from others if it's in a group or just away from other people.

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Sleep is a definite must @redhead!

They look nice!

Better not think about food, I have to go to sleep after this since no one knows I'm a part of this site and am participating in GR sessions so if they see me awake they'll wonder what I'm doing!

Alright guys, I'm going to go and eat something now. It was great chatting with you all and thanks to @florenceforever and @OrangeOliver for being awesome moderators.

Ciao my friends and happy travels! Smiley Very Happy

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Thanks for joining us @N1ghtW1ng! Smiley Happy 

Highlighted

How do you look after your physical and mental wellbeing whilst travelling?

For a while I used to travel with a little book with some ideas for things to do if I felt sad or homesick. Eg, call or message someone, go for a walk, listen to music, have an early night etc. And then some ideas strategies to help me get back on track.

In terms of physical health, I think just trying to keep in mind that you can't eat stroopwafels for every meal, no matter how awesome they are. Remember to eat fruit (unless you're in India), drink lots of water, and get enough sleep.

Have a good one and stay safe @N1ghtW1ng!

Great tips @Georgie Smiley Happy

I also found writing in a travel journal a nice way to finish each day - but I know that's not for everyone!