Re: [CHAT] Let's go travelling!
Here's just a quick summary of what you guys had to say tonight!!
- If you could travel anywhere in the world tomorrow, without anything holding you back (ie money, work, school, etc) where would you go and why?
- Ah, EVERYWHERE, dah!!
- What’s your favourite thing about travelling?
- expanding horizons
- What’s your least favourite thing about travelling?
- living out of a suitcase
- time zones
- personal comforts
- getting lost
- language barriers
- missing family/friends
- tourists being selfish!
- What is the best holiday you’ve been on so far?
- Are you actually going to make me choose?!!
- Collectively, we pretty much have the world covered
- Why do you think people like to travel so much?
- Much the same as our favourite reasons , what a coincidence!
- Do you think travelling benefits your physical, mental and spiritual health?
- Generally we think yes!
- Lots of walking
- Also lots of yummy foods!
- “it's just an awesome, fun, healthy thing to do”
- it can do wonders for your mental health - but it can also be difficult travelling and so it's important that you look after your mental wellbeing
- Who do you like going travelling with?
- Groups - school, church, etc.
- Depends on the CONTEXT!
- Have you got any tips for people who are travelling on a budget?
- Make a BUDGET!
- Take your parents - BEST ANSWER!!!!!
- Go off the tourist track
- Supermarkets + picnics! And cook yourself
- Avoid taxis, use public transport
- Plan, pre-purchase
- How do you look after your physical and mental wellbeing whilst travelling?
- good foods, plenty of water
- self care, know your limits, days off
- communicate your feelings
- Do what’s best for you!
Thanks for contributing to tonights GR sessions, had a blast!
Things to check out:
Stressed about the bushfires? Have a look here for ways to cope
Here's a calendar of all the discussions we will be having in November!
Share your thoughts in our Special Discussion on Friendships!
Seen something fantastic on the forums?