cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Life After School

It sounds like a lot of us celebrated the end of year 12 pretty well! time for the next question:

Some of us are lucky enough to find our true calling straight out of high school, others… Not so much. Were you one of those lucky people, or are you still figuring it out?

What did you do with yourself first after you finished school? Or if you’re not quite finished yet, what’s the first thing you want to do once you’re finished?

I didn't finish year 12, but I finished year 10 and the day after I finished that I lit my work on fire and cooked my text books on the barbeque with friends. 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@j95 that sounds hilarious and amazing

Some of us are lucky enough to find our true calling straight out of high school, others… Not so much. Were you one of those lucky people, or are you still figuring it out?
I thought I did, I went straight out of high school into an Arts degree thinking I would pursue my French, but then decided uni life wasn't for me so I dropped out. It took a year and a half of soul searching and I eventually worked out what I wanted to do with myself. Now I'm back at a different uni studying science and I'm so glad for it Smiley Very Happy

I felt like I'd found my true calling in uni several times, which I guess means I'm still working it out. I am slowly figuring out what direction I want my life to go in, but I figure at this stage I have plenty of time to decide

Well basically i left school early because I got an electrical apprenticeship so in a way, I did find out what I wanted to do, but now I'm still sort of figuring it out. 

the people who had to buy me those textbooks were not impressed 

I know that what I want to do is in the area of Psychology.... but as for specific jobs...... I've had Art therapist, organising out reach programs for youth, hotline counsellor, school counsellor.... I CAN NOT PICK. hahahah

I finished school 3 years ago and still have no idea what I want to do
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

@dreamcatcher I'm totally in the same situation, I want to work in Psychology but right now I want to do ALL THE THINGS.