Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Life After School

@Myvo That's great to hear it all worked out!! Smiley Very Happy

@Myvo Its awesome that you tackled it so head on Smiley Happy

Along with the newfound independence life after school gives you comes newfound responsibility, which can be pretty stressful! What are some tips you have for relaxing and de-stressing when the idea of fledging adulthood becomes a bit much?

Honestly, I have to tune out from all of them every once in a while to de-stress. I take time out to dedicate to myself - make some great food, read a nice book, go exploring someplace I've never been: just knowing I don't have to do anything for anyone other than myself is a great antidote

9:09 PM
Along with the newfound independence life after school gives you comes newfound responsibility, which can be pretty stressful! What are some tips you have for relaxing and de-stressing when the idea of fledging adulthood becomes a bit much?

I personally like to destress by tuning out with gaming or tv shows. Taking to someone about what is stressing you is also a good idea.
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

I think it's important to take time out to do the things you really enjoy is the best de-stress method when it comes to tackling being a responsible adult (though whether I am or not is highly questionable Smiley Tongue

@redhead I've always found talking to someone pretty theraputic!!

@Chessca_H hahahah still not quite sure how to Adult yet Smiley Tongue

It can definitely get to be a bit much sometimes! It's a tough period to manage, half of me wants to keep partying and living as a carefree young adult but the other half is pushing for me to take more responsibility and start planning for the future and embracing adulthood. It can be really conflicting, but I think through time I've learnt to take more joy from the responsibilities of adulthood. I still need to relax though, but instead of clubbing it'll be more like a fishing trip or sailing... and yep I am starting to sound like an old man haha!

Chilling out by doing nothing at all. Although I read, nap, or listen to music from time to time, it's always nice to sit down and do absolutely nothing Smiley Tongue

@Myvo I can definitely agree with the, ah the joy of doing nothing... 

sloth life.jpg