cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Life After School

@Myvo same here!! I never thought I'd enjoy doing nothing so much, and yet here I am

Hey everyone, sorry to join the chat quite late Smiley Happy

Along with the newfound independence life after school gives you comes newfound responsibility, which can be pretty stressful! What are some tips you have for relaxing and de-stressing when the idea of fledging adulthood becomes a bit much?

I agree with @Chessca_H it's best to take time out to do the things you love. I also think it's good to speak to people going through similar experiences because you often find you're not the only one stressing Smiley Happy

Well we all seem to have a lot of good ways to de-stress Smiley Happy

So much of the conversation had around life after school tends to focus on what we want to do with our lives career wise, but there’s so much more we can focus on in life to be happy and healthy adults. What are some of the things we need in order to make life after school happy and fulfilling?

@Chessca_H YES! Heart

Hi @Student94 !! And I think that talking to others with similar experiences is a great idea!! They could have insight into issues you haven't experienced yet or don't know how to deal with

So much of the conversation had around life after school tends to focus on what we want to do with our lives career wise, but there’s so much more we can focus on in life to be happy and healthy adults. What are some of the things we need in order to make life after school happy and fulfilling?

I've found that meeting new people makes for some of the most exciting and enriching experiences, especially when you find you have things in common. I've had a lot of firsts this year from making new friends, including going to a march for the first time!! I'm not sure if I would have gone (and shouted myself hoarse Smiley Tongue) on my own, so having friends who have similar interests and who can even introduce you to new ones is important for having a fulfilling life

For me the biggest thing has been travelling! Experiencing the world as much as you can really opens up your mind and helps you understand your own life and direction.

Hobbies, volunteering, and being sociable! Being around people and learning from each other can make life after school more enjoyable. It gives you the chance to meet new, like-minded people as well as learn and share new skills. Adventure is out there!

@FItzChivalry definitely!! Opening yourself up to new cultures and ways of living can make you think about life in a different way

Building healthier relationships with friends/family/partners is also important. I also think self-care should be a big priority when you become an adult, especially since you're expected to be more self-sufficient.