cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Life After School

@FItzChivalry absolutely! Travelling more is definitely something thats on my list of to dos in the next few years Smiley Very Happy

@Student94 I completely agree, keeping up the relationships with the people around you in one of the most important things in life Smiley Happy

@Student94 That's very true. Becoming more responsible also involves being more responsible about your own health and wellbeing. I don't think I knew self-care was a thing until after I graduated!! But it's super important and not something that should be sidelined

So much of the conversation had around life after school tends to focus on what we want to do with our lives career wise, but there’s so much more we can focus on in life to be happy and healthy adults. What are some of the things we need in order to make life after school happy and fulfilling?

I agree with volunteering! Getting a different persepective and experience of life in a different place can you make you rethink what you want to do - which is ok

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@Student94 Agreeing on self-care! Got to protect your brain - not just for academic or extracurricular stuff but for wellbeing too Smiley Happy

@j95 true!! Especially since volunteering opportunities are usually pretty unique in and of themselves. They can be a great experience outside of work/study to learn new things

and just trying different things - dont have to be big things but just finding out a bit more about what you love considering now you finally have the time to do that after years of school everyday.

Before we graduate life after school can seem like a massive deal, both in good and bad ways. How does your experience of life after school measure up to what you thought it was going to be like before? If you’re not finished yet, what are some of your expectations of what your life could be like post-graduation?

I definitely thought I would be more focused and have a direction in life!! I had really ambitious expectations of myself, but now that I've graduated I think I was a bit naive. I have a lot of freedom to pursue things I never thought I'd try and I'm glad for it Smiley Happy

and volunteering isnt just going to africa like everyone pictures it! it can be volunteering at the pound or even the op shop

Before we graduate life after school can seem like a massive deal, both in good and bad ways. How does your experience of life after school measure up to what you thought it was going to be like before? If you’re not finished yet, what are some of your expectations of what your life could be like post-graduation?

I don't think I'm alone in thinking that I would be a lot more together now when I was in highschool than I am Smiley Tongue I think most of us have really high expectation of what will happen after we graduate, but it's important to remember that it won't always go to plan