cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Life after school: Uni/TAFE

What are you most excited and worried about for this year? 

I think I'll always be excited for this but meeting new people and just being open to all new experiences is the most exciting! What I'm worried about is not being able to keep up with the content and workload. 

Sophie: I had a teacher tell me not to even waste my time with uni. Well! I sure showed her. BAM! 

Highlighted

I'm really excited to get back into the routine of uni, i'm also doing 2 interesting units which should be good. 

Highlighted

Glad I'm not alone re: teachers making uni sound way worse than it is! I don't understand why they do it and I think it's something that really needs changing because it doesn't help students at all, just stresses them out more and makes them hesitant to ask for help (that's the effect that it had on me anyway)

I'm most excited about my final placement in paediatrics!! I've been wanting to do a paeds prac since first year so I can't wait Smiley Very Happy.

I'm most worried about a few orals that I have to do in semester 2, and finishing and finding a job!!! It's both scary and exciting at the same time!! Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

@Myvo  I get what you mean by worrying about the workload, that's always on my mind! Organisational skills really prove to be valuable at uni!

Highlighted

I agree @Myvo the workload can sometimes be crazy but i try to be on top of it or nearly just so it doesn't completly overload at once on me!!! that would mean late nights and alooooot of coffee

Highlighted

that sounds so amazing @delicatedreamer i wish my degree offered placement!! 

Highlighted

I'm really involved in college life this year, I'm involved with oranising a musical, editing the yearbook, as well as volunteering for the uni and a variety of other things!

I am worried that I have all this stuff to do, but not enough time... I will have to stay on top of everything so I don't get overwhelmed and also, like DD, I have oral assessments that are already freaking me out 110%

Highlighted

@dreamcatcher wrote:

Sophie: I had a teacher tell me not to even waste my time with uni. Well! I sure showed her. BAM! 

Go dreamcatcher!! That's great Smiley Happy. What sort of teacher even says that though? How awful. I did crap at school (got a pretty bad OP) but am now doing excellently at uni. School and uni are different kettles of fish - I really hate it when people try and put young people into a box because of their school results.

Highlighted

@dreamcatcher Musicals and volunteering are the best! Smiley Very Happy