Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Life after school: Uni/TAFE

Sorry folks! A bit of a glitch there!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

What study tips can you share to help make studying abit more bearable?

• Having all the notes of one subject or course in one place (e.g. notebook or folder)
  • Take a 15 minute break once every hour
  • Sticky notes and highlighters - just any kind of shiny, new stationery that you will pledge loyalty to Smiley Happy
  • Forming a study group with friends who are studying the same/similar things as you

I was terrible at being organised with my study - I always started everything at the last minute! It was pretty stressful!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

To make studying more bearable it's important to try to stay on top of your work load and TRY to not leave assignments and work until last minute. Although last minute marks sometimes turn out better.

Highlighted

I know most universities/colleges have a mentor for certain subjects (they are trained to help you study and answer Qs and such) I've found my 'Accy' (as we call them at my college) to be super helpful when it comes to referencing and helping me out with assessments.

Also, my number one tip would be to make a timetable. Sort your stuff out, know when and where you have to be. ORGANISATION IS ACE

Highlighted

But I do think that breaking up studying with lots of short breaks - keeping hydrated and fed and well slept is also important!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

@m-y93  We all say that we're not going to leave it to the last second, but we all do it! Something will always pop up! Smiley Tongue

Highlighted

BAM! Next up!

How would you help a friend who was getting overwhelmed with uni/school?

Highlighted

- Put all of your classes, assignment deadlines, work and volunteer commitments etc into a diary so that you can see how much time you have for things and when things are due.

- Set yourself mini-deadlines to help you stay on track (like when you want your research or first draft done by)

- Always ask for help!

- Access study help on campus (e.g. academic advisors to read over your work or academic skills workshops)

Highlighted

How would you help a friend who was getting overwhelmed with uni/school?

Talking to them and listening is a good start Smiley Happy It means that you can solve things out together. In this case, two heads are better than one!