Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Life after school: Uni/TAFE

@Myvo  Couldn't have said it better myself A+++++++ Smiley Tongue

Highlighted

If a friend needed help and felt overwhelmed I would show them my way of coping and what works for me. I would try to help them find a balance and a system which they could implement on a daily basis to manage uni and their life. 

Highlighted

Lots of factsheets & stories on RO.com that you could read or share with ur friend too!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

Yes myvo - non-judgmental listening is a great start to helping anyone!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

You'd be surprised how willing lecturers and unit coordinators are to help (especially if you're in a smaller university) so a lot of the time they can grant you an extension or give you really excellent advice. Also, all universities have some sort of student support team ready and willing to help you out with whatever problem you have (academic, residential or something a little more personal).

Highlighted

Last question for the night guys! Yay Smiley Happy

Whats one thing you can do THIS WEEK to improve your study/life balance?

Highlighted

How would you help a friend who was getting overwhelmed with uni/school?

I would offer to study with them if we were studying similar things or offer them suggestions on things that might help them (like the stuff I just mentioned - study skills workshops etc!). I'd also suggest they speak to someone about what they're struggling with because that's something that I think is really important. Or I'd just listen to them vent if they didn't want any advice.

Highlighted

What's one thing you can do THIS WEEK to improve your study/life balance?

For me, sleep more. Naps are wonderful things. Smiley Happy

@dreamcatcher wrote:

You'd be surprised how willing lecturers and unit coordinators are to help (especially if you're in a smaller university) so a lot of the time they can grant you an extension or give you really excellent advice. Also, all universities have some sort of student support team ready and willing to help you out with whatever problem you have (academic, residential or something a little more personal).

Agree x 1,000 with all of this! Great advice dreamcatcher Smiley Happy

Whats one thing you can do THIS WEEK to improve your study/life balance?

Set aside a little bit of time each day to study so that I don't get overwhelmed with work later (and so I don't feel guilty about procrastinating!)

Highlighted

whats one thing you can do THIS WEEK to improve your study/life balance?

• Set up a better timetable
  • Start going for walks (as soon as I'm no longer sick *coughs*)
  • Read all my chapters needed.
  • Remember to have me time (I have all the seasons of F.R.I.E.N.D.S on DVD, they're just begging to be watched!)