cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Life hacks for coping with tough times

Dont be afraid to email your lecturer! They usually have allocated time every week to talk to students. Thats what they are paid for! my mum always tells me to make them earn their money Smiley Happy Also you uni should have student services, they can read over your work and help you with referencing, wording etc and librarians should can help you with research (which can be so helpful) @florenceforever

I'll keep that in mind, thanks @SJG ! I do sometimes ask my tutors questions before and after classes. I often work through problems with friends, which also helps. I frequently read the discussion boards as many people ask the questions that I'm already thinking! One of these days I'll have the courage to post a question on the discussion boards.

You def need your nothing days !!!! @j95

Painting my nails is one of my down times too, mine are so chipped at the moment Smiley Sad yuckkk haha @florenceforever

Yeah I need to do mine big time right now @SJG ! I'm thinking a nice lilac for spring time Smiley Happy

florence, that's so good to hear! Sounds like it's been a long, tough journey. Glad to hear you're feeling better after it all Smiley Happy 

j95 - I think the very best thing you can do for yourself is to give yourself that day off every so often (or even every week!) just to sit back and relax. If you're going and going without stopping you'll just burn yoiurself out, and then you won't want to do any of these things. Try to take care!

I spend time alone with my pets when things get tough
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Thanks @Magga . It really has been a long journey. And I'm sure it'll keep going with ups and downs. I still have my bad days, but I've also learnt that it's okay and I can get over them. Icecream also helps...

@SJG wrote:
Dont be afraid to email your lecturer! They usually have allocated time every week to talk to students. Thats what they are paid for! my mum always tells me to make them earn their money Smiley Happy Also you uni should have student services, they can read over your work and help you with referencing, wording etc and librarians should can help you with research (which can be so helpful) @florenceforever

I agree 100% with this @SJG I myself have also used the university's counselling/disability services (e.g. to help me set up things like alternative arrangements for exams as I find being in the big auditorm with 100s of people quite overwhelming for my anxiety) and spoken to some lecturers and tutors about my anxiety management strategies also if I feel like there is something in the course content or assessments that may make me anxious. My program actually has a dedicated 'welfare officer' of sorts, who looks after support for students experiencing personal difficulties, and they have provided some great support for me when I've been going through a hard time.

Highlighted

Great thing to remember, it always gets better and things always change @florenceforever

Oh i miss my dog so much!! @j95 pets always cheer you up Smiley Happy