cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] Life hacks for coping with tough times

Stress and anxiety can cause damage to every aspect of your life.  It can affect your work, educatoin and relationships.  Having a stable support network, and constantly talking your problems out and identifying the early signs of stress and anxiety to find a solution before it gets bad is what helps me.  (Although I usually don't know I'm stressed until I'm halfway through a mini-breakdown haha) 

hey! @Caity1912 welcome to the session Smiley Happy that so true! its so hard when life doesnt go to plan, whether they are your plans or someones plans for you, its really hard to accept. Ive had to learn this the last few years, not everything works out the way you expect, but its not always a bad thing! it can lead to great things Smiley Happy and youre friends sound really great, its so helpful to have people you feel 100% yourself around!

My girlfriend is at tafe and is often up late trying to get things done, stressing out, usually find her just about asleep at the kitchen table trying to complete her assignment. Not her fault, but obviously stress can put strain on a relationship, 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

hey caity, welcome to the GR session!

You're right - stress and anxiety have so many different effects, there's really no telling what it might do to you. It can affect pretty much any aspect of your life, and it can be really hard to deal with! I agree, identifying the signs before stress gets too much is so important, and it's also important to talk to someone about these things before it's too late.

fantastic idea @foreverflorence when your feeling anxious it can be so hard to concentrate, writing helpful things down sounds like a great way to help! I might try that Smiley Happy

@florenceforever That's such a good idea! When I get bad I forget to take care of myself (shower, brush teeth, cook).  I'm definitely using lists to remind me from now on Smiley Happy

I think I'm going to think up some new posters @SJG !

I'm thinking:

"Dance to your favourite song"

"Go give mum a hug"

"Go eat some avacado" Because avacado is delicious.

Awesome suggestions guys! You all seem pretty self-aware, and you've got these coping mechanisms pretty much mastered. Nice!

Let's move onto the next question: How can we recognise when other people (friends, family) are going through tough times? How might we help?

@j95 shes lucky to have such an understanding partner Smiley Happy

Glad I can help @Caity1912  - I used to be like that too. I quite literally had to write myself a check list each day -  get out of bed, shower, brush teeth, put clean clothes on, etc, etc.