cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CHAT] Living with others

Dont you hate it when you are looking forward to that left over pizza in the fridge only to discover it GONE when you get home!? When people leave hair balls in the sink, don’t do the dishes or are generally messing with the feng shui of your humble abode?

Living with others is hard and sometimes can take a toll on your sanity. Housemates, friends, family, partners – they can really drive you nuts! The question is, how do you not lose your cool, spitefully eat all their tim tams, set their washing on fire and possibly lose friends/make enemies while keeping your home your sanctuary?

images.jpg

Join us on Monday 15th of September 8pm AEST for our Getting Real Session on living with others and grab some tips about making the most out of living with other people, how to not lose it when your housemates are all up in your face/space, the beauty of open communication and how to take some you time!

Re: [CHAT] Living with others

Happy Monday Everybody 

Welcome to tonight's Getting Real session!!! Tonight hartley_ and I will be co-faciliating. We are chatting about the one thing most of us share, living with others. Whether that is your parents, roommates, spouses etc. We all have to do at some point in our lives and it can be awesome but sometimes it can be like World War 3.

Please feel free to share your opinions and stories with us on how you live with others and if there are any tips or tricks you have to keeping yourself sane in the process.

As many of you know, it is important to keep to the forum guidelines and have a read if you haven't already and if at any time you need to talk, check the emergency tab at the top right.

So let’s get started:

What is one thing you enjoy and one thing you dislike about staying with people?

Like: There is someone close by that you get to talk to, someone to share the chores.

Dislike: Too much PDA's, when they don't do their dishes, use your containers, don't clean up after themselves

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Welcome @stonepixie
Haha sharing chores, I agree with that and yep im a clean freak so that not cleaning up after oneself is frustrating

Hey  @ruenhonx !

What a great session, I have had some horror housemates.... haha!

What is one thing you enjoy and one thing you dislike about staying with people?

Enjoy: Having someone to talk to and do fun things with. And cheaper rent!

Dislike: When they are gross and disgusting and leave piles of dirty dishes and don't pay their share of groceries and never empty the bins even when they overflow... Plenty more of that! haha

Like: Having someone to laugh with and lighten my mood sometimes
Dislike: NOISE

Hey hey all ! Thanks for joining us, going to be an awesome chat tonight and hopefully we can all learn a thing or too or at least laugh (so we dont cry) that we probably all have some funny mouldy food under the couch stories to share about housemates of any kind!

I have personally lived with parents, grandparents, sibings, siblings partners and parents/siblings/siblings partners/siblings new born babies all at the same damn time!!  I survived all of the above so hopefully can help you all do the same!

Enjoy: there is usually always someone around to help you decide what to wear, chat to, or hang out with

Dislike: THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE AROUND! So underpants fridge trips are restricted to certain time windows and when you just want to hang out and be alone it can sometimes be hard

Highlighted

Woohoo!

Hey team, So glad to be hanging with ya'll for GR tonight Smiley HappySmiley Happy

One thing I enjoy about staying with people: Delicious housemate dinners!

One thing I dislike about staying with people: Dirty dishes that have been in the sink FOR DAYS.

Aww glad to have you @rt262 and I cant wait to hear those stories tonight.

@rt262 havent they ever seen the simpson trash episode?!!

WHOEVER TOPPLES THE TRASH PILE TAKES IT !