cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Living with others

Im a big fan of the weekly housemate dinner and then also a weekly communal cleaning hour. I know it can be tough to get all housemates in the house at the same time but doing it together can make it all happen quicker and easier most of the time!

@stonepixie the notes = so me!!
Everywhere!
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

When you are not happy with someone you live with, how do you communicate that?  

I find it easier to tell family like this annoys me or something and some things I just wont say but with strangers I find it harder because I dont want to escalate the problem but I guess its all in the delivery. Calm down and have that sweet voice and people generally take it well, sometimes. 

As soon as I get a little bit annoyed like when someone mixes the spoons with the forks in the drawer I fix it up then write some note or just groan about so loadly everybody hears.
Highlighted

Haha this note thing is kinda hilarious, so what would the note say... Can you not?

Its definitely hard @ruenhonx to approach people you dont know too well

I suppose you just have to keep in mind that you probably do things that annoy them too so telling them openly and just casually even (doesnt have to be a formal house meeting!) and I guess keeping in mind the non acusatory language and all haha

Just this past weekend, we had a party and one of the guys who is regularly here wrote on our whiteboard right next to the 'R U OK?' message, "HA GAAYY!"

I was furious, told him that it was insensitive and then had to take 5 in my room to calm myself down.

Needless to say, I dislike this guy, but I knew that way before that incident. Just his sense of humour as gotten me off side.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Yes @ruenhonx thats what they say!

@ruenhonx you just reminded me of when I lived at home. I can't stand when someone scraps the folk along their teeth. I used to yell at my sister all the time. Then a few months ago, she apologised for ever doing it as her kids now do it and she can't stand it.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

I would be so scared to write a note, I think I'd have no filter on paper.