cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Living with others

Living with other people, I learnt that it is easier to confront people about things rather than leaving around passive aggressive notes. And you won't offend people that way.

I learnt how to use my voice to voice my concerns, rather than just staying quiet.

I've learnt to never do others dishes because they WILL just continue to leave them because someone else is washing them for them.

If you are not happy with someone, then get it out in the open.

So, yeah ... pretty much what @hartley_ said.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

So to move on to the more practical stuff:

How do you keep the peace in your household?

Diverse can also be funny, especially the cultural differences.

Or when you start on conversations about who said what was considered a swear word or not. Since that conversation, table is now classed as a swear word in my house. Cat LOL

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@stonepixie I love what you just said, using your voice to voice your concerns, I need to do that a bit more.

Keeping Peace.

Talk things out. Have a mediator if you have to.

I have no idea how this has happened, but we haven't had the peace broken in this house so far this year. *touch wood*

I guess its not just housemates. When I was growing up in care I lived in so many different houses, different people had different things they did and a lot of the time I got freaked out, haha.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

How do you keep the peace in your household?

Being open and honest in a kind way

Pick and choose your battles 

Respect and more Respect 

Have your space too 

I was like woah what!? Your dogs sleep outside?? And what? The washing baskets arent dumped on the lounge room floor? Whats with you people??
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Hahaha @j95 so you sort of have to learn people and be more open to change huh?

I think the reason for that is that we are all neat freaks (excuse my room) and if we have a problem about something, we talk about it straight away. It is so funny because as soon as 2 or more people are laughing, everyone else runs to the lounge room and says "Are you having fun without me?" Hahaha. I love my housemates. Well ... the ones that are home all the time.