cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Living with others

So we have all agreed that gross, stinky, borrowing, food thieving, bathroom creeping housemates are the worst! The best ways we have found to combat our problems with house mates/notreallymates is with open communication! Telling them straight up, calmly and casually that its not okay to steal your favourite mug, to leave mouldy mould all through the fridge and to touch your beloved phone charger (just don’t!)

We have also agreed that you can learn a lot from housemates whether they are good or bad, you learn about effective communication, to respect and enjoy diversity, that leaving passive aggressive notes isnt always the best way (even though its pretty funny at the time) and what you need to do personally to get some space and have time to yourself and prevent an explosion. Taking time out, having some you time, having an escape and being able to remove yourself from bad situations or living arrangements is key to keeping sane while living with others.

Being open to diversity, communication and experiences while standing your ground and speaking up for yourself will have you on your way to enjoying the time you spend with housemates and people that could possibly become friends for life!

Thanks for joining us and sharing your tips and hilarious stories! If you need some more tips on living with others check out our fact sheets living with housemates, tips for living out of home and stop by the forums, we are always up for a good chat!

Thanks guys!

@j95 wow that is so close, whoever that is that yelled out is so awesome, can't imagine what damage would have happened. Yikes!

Be mindful of chopping boards that are already out. One of my housemates was about to use a chopping board I had just used as she saw me cutting veggies on it, but what she failed to see was that I put my raw meat on it to season it. I pretty much yell NO at her. Hahaha.

Don't assume that something is safe to use if it is already out.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Thanks for that awesome summary @hartley_ and thanks everyone for coming and sticking with us till the end, you are all champs.

Have a great night and a great week. Happy living Smiley Happy

Hey guys, thanks for tonight. Thanks @ruenhonx and @hartley_ for facilitating. Hopefully I haven't scared off too many people with my stories of horrible housemates.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ