cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Living with others

Food stealing is the worst!

Amazing experience: Finding a lovely housemate who has turned into a very very good friend.

Crappy experience: Sharing a tiny tiny space with an aspiring Musical Theatre performer. I DID NOT KNOW SOMEONE COULD SING DEFYING GRAVITY THAT LOUD THAT MANY TIMES IN ONE DAY. 

Hair in the shower drain! How hard is it to remove it after you shower? It got so bad that it started growing mold, Blerg! Then add men doing their business in there and you've got yourself a blocked drain.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Ok @stonepixie that experience is the worst I have ever heard.

I've had one bad experience really, like this guy was crashing at my cousins place and one night I walk out of my room and he is completely high on some drug. Like each to their own and all but he scared me so much he actually claimed he had seen a snake in the house. Like really? its winter, raining like where would a snake go in a unit with no shade and grass come on, get off those drugs. What made it worse was there are kids in the home and some random is doing drugs and hallucinating. Scary man.

Haha @j95 that reminds me of my boyfriends old housemate, he wouldnt buy a new lightglobes so he would take one working globe around with him and put it in whatever room he was in at the time haha

Good one @hartley_
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Oh man, @ruenhonx you just reminded me of one of my current housemates. He has the room right next to mine and loves to do pot. He hasn't been home since I asked him to stop smoking inside.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Have you had/have bad experiences staying with someone?

So aside from what I already said about dirty dishes and rubbish (think mould growing in cups, that bad), also being loud and noisy late at night, taking drugs (thankfully I didn't feel pressured to get involved but it still did make me feel uncomfortable) and leaving stuff everywhere. 

The worst thing is not paying rent. "If you pay for me I will pay you back" no you won't haha. We have figured out a new system in our house, when it was just my gf and I we decided it would work like this. One of us would pay the full rent and the other one would have a full weeks to pay to live off. Then each time rent was due we rotated. Doesn't work now theres 4 of us.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

hmm - bad experience? i had a housemate and her sister used to "borrow" my things without asking. i only found out when my dvds were gone and i had to go around asking people if they had seen them!

lanejane