cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Living with others

Aww that is so cute @stonepixie and that actually reminds me of my little sister too.

What is one tip to communicate appropriately and effectively when staying with others?

I wou,d say that the one main important mother of all tips in communicating with houseys is to be open and relaxed when talking about things that annoy you. Dont take too personally when they tell you that your room smells like old pizza, and dont be too attackiing when you tell them that underarm hair should not live in the kitchen sink hole!

NOTE: If you have to use me and make me dirty, can you please clean me. I have feelings too. (on the microwave)

NOTE: In case you had forgotten, you're mother doesn't live here, clean up after yourself.

NOTE: I am not recyclable in my current state, however, if you wash me out, I will be.

And so many others that I have forgotten.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Aww wow @stonepixie that is so gutsy but did they work?

I write notes for people who can't park too - I really should stop with
note writing. Getting out of hand haha.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

What is one tip to communicate appropriately and effectively when staying with others?

Do not yell and treat them like a child (this makes people act worse)

Somewhat. But after time, they were less effective.

There was a passive aggressive last year that said if you don't start washing your dishes, I WILL report you to the agency.

All I could do was laugh, as that would have been me if I hadn't promised myself I wouldn't write notes.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Aww @hartley_ how disgusting, tell me that underarm thing didnt happen?

Try writing positive notes @j95

@stonepixie sharing a house with people who themselves or their friends dont share the same humour or general moral code!

I bought my boyfriend a beautiful fighting fish in a cute bowl for christmas one year only to have his housemates friends try and see who could flick and land their bottle caps in the bowl and on another occassion it became the dumping ground for post tequilla shot lemon slices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

resillient little thing lived on through it thankfully