cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Love your own company

I am the same Zac, I'm extremely loud and sometimes people don't know how to take me. I went through a period of time where I pretended to be someone I wasn't. But all in all you should always be yourself, if people are your real friends they will love you for you Smiley Happy

Wow, so many people I haven't seen before! Hi @Maddi_1995!

I think you're right. I notice this often happens to me when I'm on the bus. Thoughts will start to creep in, and there is no one around to distract me from them. I started a bus trip feeling fine and content with life, and 20 minutes later when I get off I'm in a completely negative headspace. 

Hey all Smiley Happy

Why are some people uncomfortable spending time in their own company?

I think some people are uncomfortable spending time in their own company because they don't feel safe when they're on their own, because they can't entertain themselves, or because they ruminate on negative things when they are by themselves.

I agree @EloiseRose - we all need time to be with ourselves in order to truly enjoy being with others Smiley Happy

@Maddi_1995

I can relate to what you have written here.

I enjoy bumping into someone I know and talking about what is happening in their lives rather than be alone with my unpleasant thoughts.

I just didn't like who I was as a person, I was pretending to be someone i wasn't so when I was alone I used to massively beat down on myself. but now that I'm older I love my own company, its a great time to reflect on things Smiley Happy

Hey there @delicatedreamer 

The safety point is an interesting one that I hadn't thought about before, but definitely true I think!

@Maddi_1995! thanks for joining us tonight!!
You have made some great points

@florenceforever Exactly. One minute I could be completely over the moon about a positive aspect in my life then within 30 mins I am completely down over things I can't control.

Highlighted

@Maddi_1995  yeah sometimes it can seem like our thoughts dwell on things we'd really rather not think about! Have you tried listening to these thoughts before? Why do you think you're thoughts muight dwell on uncomfortable things like that?