cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] Love your own company

In what situations do people most often find themselves on their own?

I find myself alone mostly during the day, when everyone else is at work ( I have a night time job) I guess it just depends on your day to day routine

yeah @Student94 , sometimes it feels like the most crowded places can also seem to be the most lonely! Such as big parties, clubs, uni etc.

@Student94 thats a really great point. individual responsibilities in a large group ... kind of makes you feel like you are alone based on the fact you have different focuses to those around you

@tsnyder wrote:

yeah @Student94 , sometimes it feels like the most crowded places can also seem to be the most lonely! Such as big parties, clubs, uni etc.

I agree! I think because it highlights feelings of loneliness when you see others hanging out together.

Why are some people against spending time by themselves?
Maybe because of what others think of them? "loner" is the worst. Nothing wrong with spending time on your own - doesn't mean you haven't got friends!!
So what are some ways we can keep our time alone ('me-time') positive and constructive?
Doing something you love but struggle to find time for.
In what situations do people most often find themselves on their own?
Sometimes in a big group of people you can feel on your own, maybe this is from being not heard or not understood.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@delicatedreamer  that's a really good point! However, I have a different view point.  Sometimes I'll hang out with a large group of people and feel alone -- I think it's about find that true connection with someone, rather than just surface fluff, that keeps us feeling like we aren't alone.  Does that make any sense?

@delicatedreamer @tsnyder we should seriously find a way to combat these feelings!

@delicatedreamer I also agree with that. Especially when you are in a group of people, but you only know a few of the people and you just feel awkward and rather lonely because everyone else knows each other

@j95  I think not feeling understood is huge in feeling alone

Ok, so what about people's thoughts on the difference between being alone, lonely and in your own company?