cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Love your own company

@tsnyder wrote:

@_sagira_  how do you cope with being alone? Is it ever a positive experience for you? What methods or techniques do you think you could do to make it a more positive experience for you?

I relish solitdue, getting out into nature and recharging, spending time in the bath, doing yoga. BUT...I get very depressed and down when I sometimes find myself alone and suddenly become to feel incredibly lonely. I don't know why...it's just a pattern I have noticed within myself.

@tsnyder
what you have written actually ties really well into the next block of questions ! Looking at what are the positives of enjoying your own company.
I think its very important skill to learn to be by yourself

@tsnyder 

That's such a good point! Distracting ourselves from thoughts of loneliness isn't actually the same as embracing the state of being alone.

I think we should always acknowledge how we truly feel about being alone in order to work through those feelings rather than denying or avoiding them.

I've always wanted that @_sagira_ 

I know so many of my friends are like that. They get in touch with nature, spiritually, etc. Something just hasn't clicked with me yet for it to work. 

@_sagira_ i agree. I think there needs to be a balance to control those feelings

@_sagira_  those are some really awesome ways of allowing yourself some mental recovery - i especially love how you get out into nature! (Me too!!) Do you have any thoughts about why you might have this pattern? I actually feel the same way if I'm alone for a long time (like several days) - is their anyone you feel that you really connect with?

@florenceforever once you work out what works for you - you'll be able to tap into that. Have you tried some apps? like smiling mind for some spirituality and nature

@EloiseRose  @Student94   Yeah I think it's really important to be able to embrace being alone, rather than just distracting ourselves from our thoughts! @Alskies  what do you think about this?

Highlighted

I've tried those apps @EloiseRose 

I keep trying different things because I know once I find something that works for me then it'll do so much for me. But right now I don't have that 'something' and forcing something onto myself can do more harm than good!

Alright guys here is the next question and i really want you to think about it

Why is it important that we learn how to enjoy our own company?