cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Love your own company

@stonepixie
Ahh that sounds stressful!
But there is no better stress reduction than cleaning hehe. I hope this is helping your stress levels reduce

@florenceforever wrote:

OH and learning new skills that you can then show off to your friends! Like learning how to play the ukulele or learning card tricks.

Very true...I set myself a challenge to learn to crochet flowers last week...I've made over 30 now. It was one night when I was feeling really lonely actually. So I thought, well now is a better time than any.

@florenceforever thats awesome Smiley Happy I also agree with all of your points on that last question!!

Wow that sounds amazing @_sagira_ 

I love learning new things and then showing them off to people Smiley Tongue 

@Alskies  that's really interesting to hear! I actually have the complete opposite view point - I think things happen and it's how we handle it that's important.  I guess the common theme is that both emphasize a positive approach to a given situation?

@delicatedreamer it does leave you open to rumination.... so how do you think you could combat this?
I think for me its making a bit of a plan to avoid those thoughts and not throwing myself into a day by myself without something to do otherwise i would get sad
Highlighted

@florenceforever wrote:

Wow that sounds amazing @_sagira_ 

I love learning new things and then showing them off to people Smiley Tongue 

Yep...I turned them into a headband and sent it off as a gift for my sister. XD

This is helping my stress levels, but I went with the strategy of eliminating the stresser that I could control and then trying not to worry about the part that I can't control, which is where RO comes in. Smiley Tongue @EloiseRose

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Definitely @stonepixie 

RO helps so much in so many different ways Smiley Happy I love it!

@EloiseRose wrote:
@delicatedreamer it does leave you open to rumination.... so how do you think you could combat this?
I think for me its making a bit of a plan to avoid those thoughts and not throwing myself into a day by myself without something to do otherwise i would get sad

I think it's about acknowledging the thoughts via journalling...etc and then once you are done processing reminding yourself that you've already given all the thoughts attention and telling your brain that you need to keep thinking about all of that because you already have. It's like training your mind.