cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Love your own company

@tsnyder I also agree with that.. but like I said you may not always see the positive to begin with but eventually (hopefully) you will reach it.. I definitely think our own natural reaction can massively impact the way we see negative things that happen, at the time it can be extremely hard to focus on anything positive.

I hope that make sense haha I'm tired tonight had a big day at tafe

@Alskies and @tsnyder I've always lived by the motto "Things happen for a reason". This time 2 years ago I wanted to be a research scientist and if you told me that I would change my mind and want to work in the community sector, I probably would have laughed in your face. But having a MH issue changed all that.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@EloiseRose wrote:
@delicatedreamer it does leave you open to rumination.... so how do you think you could combat this?
I think for me its making a bit of a plan to avoid those thoughts and not throwing myself into a day by myself without something to do otherwise i would get sad

I don't really know @EloiseRose but I think making a plan sounds like an awesome idea and it's definitely one I will borrow Smiley Happy

@_sagira_  yeah I agree!

Sometimes if I'm struggle with a thought, I decide to give it a certain period of time and then I tell myself to get on with something else, otherwise it can seem to get overwhelming.  Does this make any sense?

@stonepixie I am the exact same, except I had no idea what I wanted to do I kept fluffing around with career changes lol!! now im almost half way through my diploma in community services Smiley Happy

are you glad you made the switch?

That's a really good idea too @_sagira_ thanks for sharing Smiley Happy. I love all of the good ideas I get from our RO community Smiley Happy

@stonepixie  and @Alskies  , so I guess the common important thing here is remembering to be open-minded and concentrating on the positive aspects of a given situation?

Highlighted

Ok this next q is a bit left of centre but i think it will be good to apply what we have gone through tonight Smiley Happy 

There’s a common theory that introverts enjoying spending time by themselves more than extroverts – do you agree or disagree with this and why?

@Alskies So glad! I've only just started my Cert IV but I know this is the right path, which all my volunteering in all. I have to bite my tongue quite a bit in class. Don't want to come across as a know it all. :/ Hahaha. Just not sure on my specialty just yet.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@tsnyder Pretty much!