cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Love your own company

I thought that might be the case @EloiseRose

@delicatedreamer  that's really interesting, I'll have to check it out!

One experiment found that self-reported 'introverts' had greater cortical activity than 'extroverts' - thus they theorized that extroverts are more outgoing because it provides a means of increasing this cortical activity, whereas introverts' cortical activity is already quite high. 

It's probably really important to remember that we aren't strictly 'extroverted' or 'introverted', and that most people exist somewhere along a continuum between the two

@_sagira_ I do agree with that, it took me until I was 24 to even decide what I want to do that i would love getting out of bed for.. I have always had a passion for helping people, I guess I just had to help myself first.. Congratulations on starting your honours by the way, that is fricken awesome.. and don't feel old, 28 is still young.. You have 2 years before you should feel old Smiley Wink hahah I'm joking... but seriously you aren't old Smiley Happy

@tsnyder 

This is why i asked that question you guys have come up with some great answers!!! 

Great questions @EloiseRose!

We are getting some incredibly insightful answers 

So, last question:

What have we learnt tonight about enjoying and embracing our own company?

@Alskies wrote:
@_sagira_ I do agree with that, it took me until I was 24 to even decide what I want to do that i would love getting out of bed for.. I have always had a passion for helping people, I guess I just had to help myself first.. Congratulations on starting your honours by the way, that is fricken awesome.. and don't feel old, 28 is still young.. You have 2 years before you should feel old Smiley Wink hahah I'm joking... but seriously you aren't old Smiley Happy

@Alskies That's awesome that you have found it. And yes...I totally agree, it's why I didn't decide to do an undegrad psych degree. I was like, I need to sort myself out first! Plus this is really rewarding (working with cancer patients). Ahaha...yeah I don't think I'm old, but I guess looking on in terms of soical construct I 'should' be at a certain point in my life. Constantly having to remind myself i am not conventional. And yeah the Honours I am at war with. I had a stress attack today as I only realised this morning uni goes back next week...I thought it was later in March. So I am still hoping I get a job before I get too into it. Anyway...LIFE!

- You can learn a lot about yourself

- It can be really good for you

- It can be relaxing

- You might have conversations with yourself you'd never dreamed of having

- You can learn new skills

- It's not so bad! 

Highlighted

I need to remind myself just because I am alone and feel lonely one night, doesn't mean it's forever, it's a lie and that it will end. Then...of course embrace some self-care and figure out what i need to do to improve mysel sense of wellbeing.