Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Love your own company

I completely understand @Alskies 

I feel like that too sometimes

Hey everyone Smiley Happy

Why are some people uncomfortable spending time in their own company?

A lot of us are sociable by nature and being alone can trigger feelings of boredom or loneliness. Also, I think the idea of spending time alone isn't portrayed as favourably in society.

Hey @Myvo 

I think for me it definitely is that loneliness that gets me. Sure, sometimes I just want my space, but other times I feel sad if I am alone and don't have anyone to be with. That's when being alone gets uncomfortable for me

@Zac Crow
A big big welcome to you on your first time!! Thanks for jumping in. Feel free to respond to the questions as you please and enjoy the Get Real session

Hi @florenceforever  and @Zac Crow ! 

Zac, that's a really unformatable and unfortunate situation to find yourself in.  What makes you think that people won't accep you?

@Myvo and @Alskies
Thanks for jumping on tonight guys.

I don't think it is either @Student94 

Which is unfair, because we ALL want to be alone sometimes. But it really isn't seen as 'cool' to be alone 

Why are some people uncomfortable spending time in their own company?

Personally I sometimes find it rather uncomfortable being by myself as I usually find myself thinking about hard/unpleasent avenues of my everyday thoughts and I find that having someone else around helps to buffer myself from thinking about my doubts and/or faults and stops me from dwelling on stuff i usually wouldn't dwell on.

@Student94
totally agree!!
people think spending time alone is a last resort for having nothing else to do BUT its so not! ITs just a time to be with yourself

@Alskies  what didn't you like about being alone with your thoughts? I've often wondered about the impact of the degree to which you really like/approve/embrace yourself and how well you are able to cope alone