cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Love your own company

We have been programmed to be social and not meaning this as an offensive thing but as humans we have been programmed to know social life and for the first time that we spend more then an hour to ourselves it is scary but sometimes being alone is beneficial

Definitely @Maddi_1995 

It's a really tricky situation. I've learnt that when going somewhere by myself, listening to music really helps with that Smiley Happy 

@Zac Crow
totally agree! Being alone is beneficial!!
I live alone so this is something that i agree strongly with

Oh I totally agree with you there, now I've reached a point in my life were being social doesn't bother me anymore haha.. If i dont want to go out I won't haha

@Alskies  That's really awesome to hear man! Way to go!

I will soon be moving to a different state and will be living with someone who will often be away for extended periods of time. It's going to be interesting to see how I respond to that, as I'm not really ever alone.

So what are some ways we can keep our time alone ('me-time') positive and constructive?

@florenceforever
I used to live in a LOUD household with a dog. Now i have moved interstate and live by myself it was hard for a bit but now I LOVE IT! like actually LOVE IT haha.

@tsnyder I grew up in a family that no matter what you thought was your personal best it wasn't good enough for them. I also found that  the general community's thought were pretty similar.

So what are some ways we can keep our time alone ('me-time') positive and constructive?

I do things that I enjoyed doing just by myself

ie:

- Read

- Have a bath

- Play guitar

- Listen to music

- Cook

Basically I just practice self care. I'm slowly learning it's okay to be alone.