cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Love your own company

@florenceforever wrote:

I totally understand @_sagira_ 

It's such a difficult situation. You don't realise until it's too late how many people you associate with are from the sport/hobby you participate. It can be really debilitating. 

Yes, you also find out who your real friends are.

What are some of the advantages/ positives of your own company, and how can you achieve this by yourself?

- Self reflection - as previously mentioned Smiley Happy

- Self care

- Doing things you can't do with other people. Especially reading!

- Set goals

- See if the goals you have already set are on track

- Organise your schedule

- Day dream

- Think up crazy schemes to fix the world Smiley Happy

That's really awesome to hear, I am a big believer in things happen for a reason.. sometimes we may not always see it to begin with.. maybe you were always meant to help people Smiley Happy @florenceforever

OH and learning new skills that you can then show off to your friends! Like learning how to play the ukulele or learning card tricks.

@florenceforever
what do you think this might include "Doing things you can't do with other people" ?

I agree @Alskies  Smiley Happy

I have definitely grown as a person from these experiences

@florenceforever I love all those points, especially the last one - thinking of crazy schemes to help the world!!

What are some of the advantages/ positives of your own company, and how can you achieve this by yourself?

Relating this back to my de-stress post, you learn your triggers and how to deal with them. Long travel times don't seem as bad. You are able to listen to what your body is telling you, kind of like learning the different cries of a baby. They have different cries to whether they are hungry, hurting, need a bum change or just want attention. Just like anxiety, stress, depression and physical health things all have different cries that only you can work out. Or something like that. I hope what I am trying to say makes sense. But anyway, if you are always around someone, you can't listen to what your body is trying to tell you closely enough.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Advantages - It gives me time to recharge, time get things done, time to think/reflect and time for self care/ stress management.
Disadvantages - It gives me time to ruminate on negative things and can make me sad.

@EloiseRose 

Ummm, ride a unicycle? Play a glockenspiel? Smiley Tongue 

Just in general things are usually done by yourself.