cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Marriage Equality, Plebicites, and all things LGBTQ+

I think Ben's covered all the names, just letting you know as well @nc_reachout13 Smiley Happy Have a great night tonight all, I'm still getting over my sickness and it hasn't been showing signs of going away yet so maybe next week! Enjoy your discussion!

@Ben-RO. I kinda made this thread ( https://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/Everyday-life-stuff/Plebiscite-feels/m-p/264648#M20701) I can do another if you want.

Night everyone
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

Alright, so let's get stuck in with the first question!

To you, how do you think the postal plebiscite could positively affect the LGBTQ+ community and their allies?

Night @RevzZ! @redhead that'll be a good thread to chat about this after tonight Smiley Happy Thanks for linking it in! Night Smiley Happy

To you, how do you think the postal plebiscite could positively affect the LGBTQ+ community and their allies? It can finally move Australia forward with marriage equality.

To me, the postal plebiscite does have a few silver linings for the LGBTQ+ community and their allies. For example:

- the topic is all over the media and gives the community a chance to get their voice heard
- there are fab rallies all around Australia! (I think the Melbourne got a few thousand people!)
- It promotes communication about the issue of marriage equality, discrimination, and being LGBTQ+ in Australia

Oh that's amazing @redhead sorry i didn't see that earlier. Is that something i can promote and share with people? 

To you, how do you think the postal plebiscite could positively affect the LGBTQ+ community and their allies?

I agree with @basketofmonkeys, at least it's making the debate visible and i sincerely hope this will help change some people's minds and promote awareness that diversity really isn't as scary or negative as some people still feel it is. 

Those are great positives @basketofmonkeys, I've never been to any rallies myself, but they certainly sound interesting! Smiley Happy
Highlighted

To you, how do you think the postal plebiscite could positively affect the LGBTQ+ community and their allies? For me i think it could help create a more positive image of the LGBTQ+ community as there is a lot of wrong informations being said. People will be more informed of it i guess.

Hey there @SkyIsTheLimit! Thanks for joining us tonight Smiley Happy