cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

[CHAT] Marriage Equality, Plebicites, and all things LGBTQ+

A few weeks ago, the Australian government decided to conduct a voluntary, non-binding postal plebiscite on the topic of gay marriage (to commence September 12th). And with the rising level of political debates, the LGBTQ+ community has really shown their most fierce, fabulous and fantastic side to the rest of Australia. 

pride.gif

However, the marriage equality debate has two very loud, conflicting sides. This means that the rising level of debates regarding marriage equality can have strong implications for the emotional wellbeing of the LGBTQ+ community, their families and their allies. 

So what can we do to make the most out of this push toward marriage equality? And what can we do to care for those who may be affected by some of the statements that seem to be all over our media? Come join us on Monday, 28th August, at 7:30pm to have a chat about all these things and more. We hope to see you there!

pride heart.gif

Highlighted
Highlighted

Re: [CHAT] Marriage Equality, Plebicites, and all things LGBTQ+

I can't make it tonight Smiley Sad

===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire
Highlighted

Hello everyone!
Highlighted

Hey all!
Highlighted

I'm sorry to hear that @redhead, but maybe we should make a new topic for others who can't be here tonight but want some more support around the plebiscite and the stress it's causing for many people. Want to help write that thread and link back to it here? Smiley Happy

Highlighted

That's alright @redhead, have a good night tonight Smiley Happy

Heya @basketofmonkeys! Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted

Highlighted

Tonight is all about all things LGBT+ and some things that are happening at the moment.  

If at all you find this conversation distressing or you feel like you need to talk to someone, about an issue then it's time to get some help!.  You can call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or use their webchat and email services found on their respective sites. The link s can be found here. If you are new here then welcome! Have a quick peek at our community guidelines you can find them here!

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//