cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] New Year resolutions. It's that time already?!

Sorry Moderators, if i am on the wrong track there!!!

Keeping new years resolutions can be hard, what are some was ways that you make sure your resolutions/goals are achievable and that you follow through?

What I tend to do is just tell all my friends about it... That way I feel pressured to keep them up (in a good way!) Also making it as easy as possible to do them, for example having a home gym so I have no excuse not to work out Smiley Tongue

@jvkn Haha, I'm pretty proud of myself although really, the food I'm only just discovering is food that people normally eat all the time. I still haven't overcome my aversion to mash potato though yet, haha. But no! Never! I just googled dragon fruit and it looks so intense! I'm totally going to try and find some now! What's the best way to eat it? Teach me everything!

And @Myvo I'm totally loving that overnight oats idea!  I stuck a sticky note on my desk and I'm going to look into it on the weekend! I've been dying to try using coconut milk instead of normal milk, I'm so excited now!

@verity23 all good! being present is so important!

setting goals, looking back on the past and planning ahead but, one must always be present!

Keeping new years resolutions can be hard, what are some was ways that you make sure your resolutions/goals are achievable and that you follow through?

Break my goals into chunks. I tend to have massive goals but its better have lots of smaller ones for a shorter time frame (so 6 month goals rather than 12 month goals) 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Breaking them down into mini-goals is the strategy I use to achieve goals (E.g. Check job site everyday for jobs and submit 2x resumes a week as the first steps of my goal to get a job). It helps because it doesn't make the goals seem so overwhelming and gives me a clear idea of what I can do to achieve my goals.

@jvkn Yup, breaking it down (goal-wise - as well as musically while we're at it Smiley Tongue) can help us see the finer details and the obstacles we might have to figure our way around

@jvkn  Ouch! That one is close to home!! I appreciate your tips on breaking the goals into smaller steps...will try it tomorrow...

I have been wanting to talk to my lecturer today, but he is in Melbourne... because i want to balance my studies and other commitments better! That last assignment was a bit ho-hum! Woman Frustrated

Save some money to make that plane trip! Smiley Tongue

Keep on challenging those anxious thoughts.

Write down my new dream job and the pathway I must take to get me there. Smiley Happy

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

I tried the home gym thing, @FitzChivalry! I had to move it aside, and only use the dumbells now !! haha