cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] New Year resolutions. It's that time already?!

Ah yes! You all made me think of something good. Keeping mentally healthy by doing as much as I can to help look after myself.

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

What are you goals for the New Year and how will you achieve them?

• Get a job
  • Get started on my new career pathway (figured science is more of a hobby than a career choice for me)
  • The one thing that I knew would be my resolutions was to not let my anxiety control my life.

I'm already registered with a Job seeking agency (thanks c-link)

I'm working with my advicer on what I would like to do with my life and I might just miss the cut off date for first semester or whatever it is they call it at TAFE.

Just to continue to challenge my anxiety until it is so weak that it doesn't control my life anymore and I need no challenge it anymore.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Good luck with the job hunting, @jvkn ! It sounds exciting to be carving a new direction, doesn't it?

I am going for a job interview on Wednesday! It's only one afternoon a week, but that fits in perfectly with my studies.

Wow! Looks like everyone is on the move, career-wise and fitness-wise Smiley Wink

Oh, I'm so excited for you @stonepixie ! It's going to open a whole new world for you, haha.

1. Finding a job in my field - Which means I'll be searching, searching, searching and applying, applying, applying!
  2. Giving up soft drink except for special occassions like birthdays - I'm already down to one glass a week for the most part, so I'm getting there!
  3. Eating more fruit & veggies - I've enlisted my boyfriend to bully me into try new things I haven't tried yet. I only had my first mushroom properly the other day, up until now I refused to even try them because I thought I wouldn't like them. Turns out you can't taste them at all. Also turns out I like cauliflower. So many surprises!

@Myvo Have you found any really cool ways you feel like sharing ? Eating more fruit is one of mine as well and I could totally use some inspiration! At the moment I'm just taking carrot sticks or an apple to work instead of chips / biscuits.

@verity23 thanks! One afternoon a week sounds bliss! great way to balance work, study and social lfie Smiley Happy

@stonepixie YES TO NO ANXIETY! (Anxiety is so crap sometimes) We're with you! Heart

@Myvo  For sure, enjoying positive relationships of all sorts are high on my list for this year. I really feel pumped! lol Cat LOL

There is a wonderful vibe on RO tonight, what a great bunch of people!

My goals are to: 

1. Do well at uni - by managing my time well for studying and working on assignments.

2. Get a hobby. I've decided to start drawing again. And I'll achieve this by drawing in my free time and going on the Internet for ways to improve my drawings.

@KitKat sounds like you're doing really well in terms of changing up what you eat and trying new things!

Have you tried eating dragon fruit? It's pretty amazing Smiley Happy