cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] New Year resolutions. It's that time already?!

Also in 2015 i'd like to stop self harming for good. I have gotten a lot better with it but by the end of the year i'd like to be able to say its something I no longer do. 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@verity23 Definitely agree with you on that one! Good vibes all round

Everyone's goals are so inspiring! Good luck everyone <3

@KitKat Working on my tips - haha, quite challenging at times. Get what you mean with not wanting to bring junk for lunch too! Some tips would be: 

• Finding 'snack' fruit - Small fruits like raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, and grapes could be put into a nut trail mix (or just by themselves) into a small ziplock bag. You could have it at your desk or for lunch - it just looks pretty and simple. No fuss and just easy to eat!
  • Overnight oats - Oats/bircher/museli + yoghurt and/or coconut soy milk/milk/almond milk + sliced fruit in a jar ~in the fridge overnight
  • Choosing all your favourite fruits and making a fruit salad
  • Keeping it simple:  just picking two fruits - and you know you've got to eat them by the end of the day!

@j95 Really happy to hear, it will take time, but it definitely can be achieved. Stay strong, believe you can do it.

@KitKat  - Got to agree with @jvkn ~ dragonfruit is so amazing Heart

@Myvo it's the worst! But at least I get some extra help with the job seeking side of things! So there's a perk!

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

What are you goals for the New Year and how will you achieve them?

I think I will need to spend a bit more time on the "how will you achieve your goals" Smiley Embarassed

However, I'd like to be a better student, better mother, better sibling, better employee.

But wouldn't it be nice to just kinda NOT always feel that 'pressure' to be a "better" everything ...ALL the time?? Cat Wink Smiley Tongue

SO...my goals are going to HAVE to include to totally enjoy/savour/be in the moment.

I think I saw an  article on facebook about being present.... something like that!

Everyone is so pumped for this year - loving it Heart Here's our next question: 

Keeping new years resolutions can be hard, what are some was ways that you make sure your resolutions/goals are achievable and that you follow through?

Keeping new years resolutions can be hard, what are some was ways that you make sure your resolutions/goals are achievable and that you follow through?

Breaking them down into smaller goals. E.g. my goal of doing better at uni can be broken down into reading 1 psych paper a week/attending as many lectures as I can. This way I think it’s more realistic and you can see your goals being met quicker, ultimately leading to the “bigger” goal