cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

[CHAT] News Blues

If you’ve watched the news recently, or seen your social media feed, you probably would have seen how many horrible things happen in the world. Sometimes these stories can trigger various thoughts, feelings and emotions and it can be very hard to cope with it all.

AFF9BC2B-0112-4680-822C-0FA50A939041.gif

This factsheet contains a few strategies which you might be able to incorporate into your news-watching activities to make things a bit more bearable for you. But there are many strategies and various people will have a lot of different ways of coping that work for them.

2C2231C5-DADD-44C7-A70B-76181C20072C.gif

So join us next Monday 21 May, at 7:30pm AEST to chat about various ways people deal with hearing bad world news, and to discuss some coping strategies which you can use. We’d love to see you there!

Re: [CHAT] News Blues

Hey everyone and welcome to tonight's chat! 

If at all you find this conversation distressing or you feel like you need to talk to someone, about an issue then it's time to get some help! You can call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or use their webchat and email services found on their respective sites. The links can be found here.

Robot Happy

If you're interested in joining we'd love to have you, but you don't need to Smiley Happy

@Birdeye @Bookworm2004 @DruidChild @cupcakes_032 @roseisnotaplant

New to the forums? Say hello over here with a range of quirky questions!

Hi everyone Smiley Happy 

Sorry I haven't been on for a long time

Hello

Hi @Bookworm2004 Smiley Happy 

Hey there @cupcakes_032 and @Bookworm2004 Smiley Very Happy Thanks for coming. 

The first question of the night:

1. Where do you hear about the news? Which is your favourite?

I mostly hear about the news on TV or over radio. Personally I watch NBN news 

Nice @Bookworm2004, do you like NBN news?

1. Where do you hear about the news? Which is your favourite?

I mainly read about the news online on The Sydney Morning Herald in the morning... I just skim the headlines and click on what I want to read more about. Sometimes when I get home I'll watch the 4 o'clock news on TV but I usually end up changing the channel.. Sometimes I watch The Project, The Feed or The Weekly if it's on at the time, but this isn't often. My favourite news source would probably be The Sydney Morning Herald because it gets updated regularly.

Its aright I guess. It has a lot of information in it whether it is good or bad but sometimes it has too much onformation and it confuses me.

Announcements
Share what's on your mind:
Head here and click "start a topic"

Not sure where to start?:
Head here and say hi!
Users Online
Currently online: 9 members 240 guests
Please welcome our newest community members:
Top High Fived Authors