cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Online friends!

If I could high five more than once I would for that Bee haha (I didn't actually laugh out loud then but I did smile...eek!)

Are online friendships (e.g. on Facebook) the same as real life friendships?
I don't think they're the same, I mean you can still get that relationship from them (in a way, if both parties are honest with each other), but it's just not the same and catching up with a friend and having that moment where you're both in the same space together, that level of intimacy you get with close friendships, it just isn't there. I think it can be hard to build that online too!

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

@NigioC yepp! Also while I'm thinking of it, am I the only one who interprets the messages according to their mood?
Eg if you're in an excited and happy mood does everything come across as happy and cheerful (obs not the stuff in tough times, but like general messages?)
or if you're a bit down and cynical does it come across in that kind of tone?
I don't think I've explained this properly, but hopefully you get the jist...

Are online friendships (e.g. on Facebook) the same as real life friendships?

Hmm, I'm not sure that I have any friends that are exclusively online friends. I think everyone I communicate with online, I am frriends with in real life.

Hey @Bee lovely thought about those real life emotion moments, I feel like going to see someone now! Do you think the honesty comes easier in face to face relationships?

Do people find it easier to approach strangers online than in real life?

As in, would you be more likely to engage with someone you don't know in an online setting than you would if you were out somewhere?

Hey @Georgie any fb or instagram 'friends' that you don't really see face to face?

Do people find it easier to approach strangers online than in real life?

I think it can be a lot less nerve wracking and I guess a bigger variety of people. Maybe that's why so many people do online dating....?

@rt262 it depends on what you're being honest about. WIth some friendships I found certain things were easier to be honest about online than face to face, and vice versa with others.
What I mean about both parties being honest with each other is that you're not building a fake prototype of yourself. Like you're letting the other person see the real you, not an altered and fake you to impress them.

I see what you're saying @Bee . Yeah, I agree it's hard to have an intimate or close friendship with someone if you're not showing them who you really are.