cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Our frenemy alcohol

@SJG I remember hearing everyone talk about a party a few weeks ago. Everyone drunk. The two of my friends that went, one of them had a vodka bottle apparently. She's also a fun-drunk according to the party-goers.
I've heard people in my grade talk about drinking before too. But I just don't think I'll ever get into it. Sorry @stonepixie .

I've had drinks before though, my dad's spiked orange juice (one of the saddest moments of my life going for some orange juice, drinking some then realising that it has alcohol in it)

I'm guilty of still drunk the next evening after an o-week event. Needless to say that I didn't drink that night.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@N1ghtW1ng not worth it!! So not worth being sick over it. Haha
@SJG I agree - most people drink underage nowadays everybody I know who is underage started at 16, 17, same with me and my mates (ok 15 for me but anyway.... I had access to the goods ok!?)
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

@N1ghtW1ng its not for everybody! Ive got a few friends who stay away from it all together. Probably smart. And im sorry your dad did that to you!

@N1ghtW1ng everybody has their own veiws/preferences, I honestly think being strong enough to say no or nah im not into instead of drinking to fit is a very very intelligent thing!

What are some signs that you or a friend might need to stop/slow down the drinking for the night?

Losing your balance easily

The room is spinning

Having trouble walking / standing

Slurred words

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@j95 although it's not all bad if you are with family in a controlled environment for underage drinking. It's still not good but it's a little better. Just a smigde. Overseas though the age is 16 or something so they are much more lenient I guess.

What are some signs that you or a friend might need to stop/slow down the drinking for the night?
Crossed eyes. Slurred speech. Walking into things. Constantly tripping. Downing a bottle of alcohol (vodka). Just a few I think. But I wouldn't know for sure.

Aggresive behaviour, or when they just start talking absolute sh*t. Far out, can't stand a drunk person who can talk muddled up words for 4 hours straight, shut up!!

Whenever one of my friends is doing shots i keep an eye on them, if they start stumbling and its not due to heels, or they are hanging out with people they normally wouldnt i usually get them a glass of water, or take them to the bathroom and pretend like i need there help (for ages)

@SJG he didn't do it intentionally, but how could someone ruin perfectly good orange juice? I laugh back at it now though.