cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CHAT] Overcoming Perfectionism

Next week's chat going to be all about perfectionism and how we can overcome it.

Made A GIF

Perfectionism is wanting everything that you do to be perfect and it can be difficult to cope with when we make mistakes. Especially when trying to complete assignments perfectionism can really get in the way. 

This article here has some great info for overcoming mistakes if you're interested in reading more before the chat. 

So join us here on Monday 9th of April  at 7:30pm AEST (no more daylight savings) for a chat on overcoming perfectionism. 

this too can be overcome robert guillaume GIF

Guess what day it was!!! It was Wear It Purple Day!! Come on over and learn all about what it is and what you can still do!

Re: [CHAT] Overcoming Perfectionism

Can't make tonights GR, as I need to meet with my group for my group assignment at uni. Smiley Sad

Hey @mrmusic that's okay hope it is a productive meeting Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Hello Everyone Smiley Happy

Tonight is all about overcoming perfectionism

If at all you find this conversation distressing or you feel like you need to talk to someone, about an issue then it's time to get some help! You can call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or use their web chat and email services found on their respective sites. The links can be found here.

If you are new here then welcome! Have a quick peek at our community guidelines you can find them here!

Come & join us in our week long Getting Real for MENTAL HEALTH WEEK
Don't forget to practice self-care regularly!

Hello!

First question of the night...

1. Do you consider yourself to be a perfectionist?   

Hi @May_
Nice to see you tonight Smiley Happy @ I think @Esperanza67 is floating around somewhere too Smiley Happy (I saw that high five Smiley Tongue )

Come & join us in our week long Getting Real for MENTAL HEALTH WEEK
Don't forget to practice self-care regularly!

Tonight is all about making mistakes and overcoming perfectionism!  

If at all you find this conversation distressing or you feel like you need to talk to someone, about an issue then it's time to get some help! You can call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or use their webchat and email services found on their respective sites. The links can be found here. If you are new here then welcome! Have a quick peek at our community guidelines you can find them here!  

Heyhey everybody!!

In some situations I am definitely a perfectionist - I feel like I need to be in control of and account for everything when I'm working on something, or I need it to be absolutely perfect the first time around. That being said, I've been in plenty of situations where my perfectionism has backfired on me, so I'm sort of learning the hard way haha

Hey @May_ and @Bee and everyone else! It's been a while since I've been on a GR, but here is my answer to the first question:

I guess so! However, I am not as much of a perfectionist now as I was when I was younger