cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Pets & other ways to feel good

@Chessca_H wrote:

It's really good to know that you all seem to have people around you who support and care for you Smiley Happy

So far we’ve talked a bit about getting to a good sense of wellbeing, but what are some of the things you first start to notice if your wellbeing starts to slip? What can you do about it?

I find myself sitting by myself doing nothing... literally nothing but pick at my nails (or other fidgeting) and think a lot.

Its the beginning to my anxiety attacks - feeling shaky, lightheaded, hot and sweaty, shortness of breath

I honestly thought that these attacks were low blood pressure/low suger levels as they only seemed to get better with a pack of lollies, turns out thats wrong but i know that some jelly beans can calm me down anyway.

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@j95 That's a really common thing! ER departments will tell you they get people coming in thinking they've had a heart attack, when turns out it's an anxiety/panic attack. I know I often need to remind myself during one that I'm okay and am not going to die haha.

@j95 its good that you can identify what they are now, hopefully that makes things easier for you Smiley Happy

@lokifish thats true! I've actually heard of psychologists hooking up clients with anxiety to heart monitors to show them they're not going to die

So far we’ve talked a bit about getting to a good sense of wellbeing, but what are some of the things you first start to notice if your wellbeing starts to slip? What can you do about it?

First signs: Snapping at other people, bringing myself down by telling myself how I haven't achieved anything today and that feeling of not wanting to do anything - a loss of motivation. 

What I do: Meditate, step away from the source of the problem, challenging the negative self-talk and visiting RO.com and using their factsheets. 

Awesome to see that everyone is able to identify their own signs - don't be afraid to reach out for help, and try to keep yourself motivated through the difficult times! Smiley Happy

Highlighted

I know the warning signs, I know when to pull out the lollies and get a glass of water.

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Sorry, you guys have lost me to QandA. Hope you guys have a wonderful night.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

I must say I've really been enjoying tonight's discussion. Awesome work peeps! Smiley Very Happy

Alright guys, we're reaching the end of tonight's session - last question! 

What’s one thing you are going to do tonight to boost your wellbeing?