cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [CHAT] Pets & other ways to feel good

@_sagira_ aaaaaaaaw Benson is the cutest name for a turtle!

OK, we want your theory on this, why is it that videos and pictures of cats and dogs have become so popular?? Why do they make us feel so good?

Because they're cute and give us endorphins, lol? I don't know if the endorphins part is true, but they are definitely cute!

why is it that videos and pictures of cats and dogs have become so popular?? Why do they make us feel so good?

BECAUSE THEY ARE SO FUNNY AND CLUELESS AND ADORABLE

please allow me to share my favourite cat video with you (rest assured the cat did not get hurt)

OK, we want your theory on this, why is it that videos and pictures of cats and dogs have become so popular?? Why do they make us feel so good?

Because they are so fluffy and adorable! Who doesn't like pictures of animals? I just don't focus on just cats and dogs.

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

While we're on the topic of cute animal pics, can I give a shout out to the thread dedicated to this over at Hanging Out? Smiley Very Happy

@lokifish Yeah! Good job on forum cross promoting Smiley Tongue

@lokifish wrote:

While we're on the topic of cute animal pics, can I give a shout out to the thread dedicated to this over at Hanging Out? Smiley Very Happy

Woop! Woop! Yeah, I started that! Cat Very Happy

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

@lokifish wrote:

I read a bit about this a while ago - why humans have evolved to feel attachment and empathy towards other animals. It said something about it helping us domesticate dogs & cats so they could become useful (and eventually awesome pets) for us. I think also animals live in the moment, are innocent and don't care what others think, which we often find difficult to do as humans

Yeah I definitely agree with this.  They're non-judgemental...well for the most part.  I'm an animal person so I naturally get along with most animals.  Where I know some people just give off the wrong vibe.  They just make me really, really happy and feel connected to another soul.

@dreamcatcher I could literally spend hours watching cat jump fails, they never fail to make me laugh!

They are a great source of entertainment.